The Wild Rovers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360

4 posters

Go down

OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360 Empty OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360

Post  Elite IRL Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:02 pm

"One of the best games ever made" is being "reborn" on the Xbox 360, according to UK gaming magazine OXM.

First picked up by CVG, the game is apparently not the rumoured Halo: Combat Evolved HD remake, and nor is it necessarily an Xbox 360 exclusive. That doesn't really narrow it down, and to make matters worse, OXM editor Jon Hicks has since stated that the game announcement has been pushed back, meaning we won't hear about it - at least through OXM - for the "forseeable future".

But it's not all just smoke and mirrors, because Hick later revealed that one of CVG's commenters managed to correctly identify the new game, and thanks to Destructoid, we have the full list* of possibles below:

* Shenmue 1 & 2
* Rainbow Six
* S.W.A.T.
* Jade Empire
* MSX version of Metal Gear
* Final Fantasy VII
* Q*Bert HD Revolution
* Counter-Strike
* Blinx
* Theme Hospital
* Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
* Syndicate
* Beyond Good and Evil 2
* Perfect Dark
* Goldeneye
* Road Rash
* Star Raiders
* Knights of the Old Republic
* GTA: San Andreas
* Jet Set Radio
* Star Wars Battlefront I & II
* Halo 2
* Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine HD
* Elite
* Sim City
* Hitman
* MechWarrior
* Conker's Bad Fur Day

Rainbow Six, S.W.A.T and counter strike I would love to see, especially Rainbow Six. The most likely guess seems to be Syndicate according to the CVG forums because of the background in the magazine cover.
Elite IRL
Elite IRL
Admin

https://thewildrovers.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360 Empty Re: OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360

Post  murt1987 Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Halo CE *fingers crossed*
murt1987
murt1987
TWR Legend

Back to top Go down

OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360 Empty Re: OXM teases blockbuster reboot for Xbox 360

Post  SpaZticHero Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:44 pm

murt1987 wrote:Halo CE *fingers crossed*
Its coming dude. Few inside sources have confirmed it for us. Expect it in November to coincide with the 10yr anniversary of the series.

but back on topic...

Interesting stuff, few points though

Full list* of possibles below:

* Shenmue 1 & 2
Personal choice, but not likely
* Final Fantasy VII
Stuff of legend. Doubt we'll see it this side of the decade.
* Counter-Strike
Valve has a pretty big hard on for the PS3 atm, so this might work. Its got my backing too.
* Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay/Beyond Good and Evil/Perfect Dark
All been remade in the past 3 years. In fact BGAE HD came out in the marketplace on Wednesday (BUY IT)
* Goldeneye
Last years Wiimake idnt necessarily set the world alight, possibly.

and..

* Blinx
No... please, no.
SpaZticHero
SpaZticHero
TWR Legend

https://www.facebook.com/AlrightYeah

Back to top Go down

Post  murt1987 Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Actually Spaz, I think Yu Suzuki actually said at GDC during the week that he expects Sega to let him make Shenmue 3. Nothin about making it anytime soon but wouldn't be amazing if they did actually release it maybe 10 years on after Shenmue 2 which was released in 2002 or 2003. I reckon this could be another Duke Nukem Forever type of release,except hopefully not as long Wink
murt1987
murt1987
TWR Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite IRL Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:58 am

Halo will defo be made but that's not the game the magazine were on about.

The small glimpses of hope that its one of the games I wanted are:

Rainbow Six- Simply the best franchise that Ubisoft own imo. They would be thick to let it go and its long overdue a new game. The tactical shooter market is being starved at the moment and Ubisoft would clean up with a new Rainbow. I mean Vegas 2 came out 3 years ago and is by no means the best Rainbow Six game, yet I can go online right now and still have no problem finding a game.

Counter Strike- Spaz already made the point about Valve

S.W.A.T- Activison currently own the rights to SWAT and I'm sure they would like to move into the tactical shooter market.

Unfortunately all signs point to Syndicate, never played the game and after a quick google it doesn't look great either Rolling Eyes
Elite IRL
Elite IRL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SpaZticHero Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:44 pm

...and the winner is:
SpaZticHero
SpaZticHero
TWR Legend

https://www.facebook.com/AlrightYeah

Back to top Go down

Post  battlecomander Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:15 am

Is it? Suspect

battlecomander
TWR Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Elite IRL Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm

Booooo!
Elite IRL
Elite IRL
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down